Monday, June 19, 2017

week 97 Elder Marcellino, Testigos, and Stomach Pains

This was a really really good week! So we had changes and my new companion is Elder Marcellino, he is super cool. He´s 20, he´s from North Carolina and he went to BYU for a semester before coming out on the mission. He almost has 5 months, and already speaks spanish super well.

There was a really funny moment on our second day together, we got up in the morning and started doing laundry in the landlady´s house. We always start the loads and go back to our room and then go back down and up and down to keep the loads going. But one time we left the room, and as soon as we walk out there were to Jehovah´s Witnesses out front. We were still in our PJ´s and we didn´t have our placks on and so they didn´t know we were Mormons. They immediately start teaching there lesson, and Elder Marcellino and I quietly listened, responding there questions and looking at each other really awkwardly. It was actually super funny and I think we must be some of the most positive investigators these JW´s have ever had. They asked if they could enter our house and keep talking but we said we were going to leave. At the very end they asked our names, and I responded ¨uhh... Anderson´´ and my companion responded ´´Marcellino´´ which was hilarious because both names happen to be first names here in Honduras. As soon as they walked away, we walked into the house and started laughing. BUT THEY DID A GOOD JOB, THEY JUST FORGOT THE SECTION IN PREACH MY GOSPEL OF HOW TO BEGIN TEACHING, AND TESTIFYING AND PROMISING BLESSINGS. One´s name was Omar, the other one I don´t remember.

SO it was my birthday, and I had a really AWESOME birthday, the members in my ward are super awesome! After contacting in the afternoon we went to our dinner appointment where I was greeted with a surprise birthday party, with the lights turned off and everything. They had made us LASAGNA, with presents and signs and everything. It was the nicest thing anyone has done for me in my whole mission.









No comments:

Post a Comment