Thursday, September 3, 2015

week 2 at the Mexico City MTC

"Yo quiero sentir el almuerzo de Dios." - Elder Stewart


"I like to maintain a positive mental attitude, I call it my 'PMA', it's much better than PMS, I PROMISE."

^such are the quotes during testimony meeting.

Let me give you a basic rundown of the days here. Someone is playing the Inception music in the other room and it's super cool... one sec...

... back. Sorry. I now have 5 minutes less than normal to write. Sorry!

Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays all have basically the same schedule. I wake up at 6, hop in the shower, make my bed, clean my room up, pack my bags, talk to the Latinos for a bit, then head to the classroom at 7 for personal study time. We study for an hour in the classroom until 8 when we head over to breakfast.

The food here isn't the greatest, and that is especially true for breakfast. It's usually either some kind of weird omelet, some kind of meat (and no matter if it's chicken, turkey or whatever, it all tastes the same here.) or some kind of mix of whatever they can find. Like today it was this weird meat juice and Nachos... So I ate cereal. First time actually eating cereal, usually I'm not picky but today it just did not look appealing, especially since the meat here will mess you up 70% of the time.

After breakfast we have class time for 3 hours. 8:40 ish to 11:30 ish. We usually divide the time into 3 different groups, whether they be Coaching (where they teach us how to plan and study, etc.), Progressing "investigators" (Like Brenda, who is actually our teacher now. What a surprise. But now we have to call her "Hermana Alvarado."), Companion Study time, or whatever. It's honestly a little boring every now and then but we get two 3 minute breaks during this 3 hour block.

Following class time (11:30), I usually go on "splits" (self-explanatory) with Elder Gerratt and he and I go the weight room. For the last 20 minutes of Gym time (12:20-12:40), we meet up with the rest of our district to play Volleyball, and it's usually pretty fun. I think I mentioned this before, but we can't keep score so It's really laid back.

1:00 is lunchtime and lunch is usually pretty decent. Just gotta be careful and use good judgement when deciding which plate to eat, because you will, as I said before, get messed up if you take the wrong dish. It's a Russian Roulette of sorts... But instead it's Mexican Murder.

Following lunch time is a decent amount of free time to do personal study or companion study, then at 2:30 we go to do TALL. Technology Assisted Language Learning. It's pretty much the worst thing on the planet. I don't really know how to explain it, but you can pick Grammar lessons or Words and then it'll give you flash cards and challenges and it's insanely boring. I usually finish in 20 minutes what we have assigned so then I just study whatever random words are in TALL. You are not allowed to email in TALL time or do anything other than TALL in the lab. (well you can study other things.)

Then we have class time again (3:30-6:30) which is basically the same thing, except the progressing investigator time switches. So if you taught in the morning you prepare to teach the next day and if you prepared that morning you'll teach in the afternoon. Otherwise, it's basically the same. OH and there's Language Study.

Dinner is good here, and Tuesday nights are Pizza Nights, which is super, for the rest of the night, it's study time and the teachers go home.

That's the basic day schedule. Tuesdays are a little different because we have a Devotional (And as previously said before, PIZZA) and then Thursday is P-day so we work out, play volleyball and do Laundry. Sundays we have Priesthood meeting, Sacrament, Testimony meetings and all that great stuff.

I really enjoy the MTC and my time here, the mission so far is great. Don't send me anything, because I can't receive it. BUT you can send me doughnuts though like missionary websites like Dear Elder or something, and people get Doughnuts here all the time, and I'm jealous. so if you feel like you love me. Take a few minutes and figure out how to send Doughnuts.

Lots of Love,

Elder Anderson



ps only took one picture and this was on the way here because I forgot to take pics. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment