Thursday, September 17, 2015

week 4

So you know, I´d really love to send you all a really long email... But if I am going to be completely honest. The days now are a blur, and it feels as if I had just written week 3. So I'll try my best, just know that I love you all.

Thursday after writing, I did laundry with Elder Andersen. If someone leaves their laundry in the machine finished after a long period of time, it's free game to move. There are only 8 washers and 8 dryers in our apartment building and so we have to keep it flowing. I moved an Elder's clothes nicely into a basket and began to wash my clothes. I come back 40 minutes later when my clothes are almost finished, and Elder Causey comes in and sees his clothes in a basket. He yells (mind you it's been 40 minutes at the latest since his clothes FINISHED) "WHO THE HECK MOVED MY CLOTHES, WHYYYYYY WHO DOES THAT?" and everyone in the laundry room just kinda looks at him and says nothing. I raised my hand and told him it was me, and he rolled his eyes, let out the loudest sigh and went to pout in a corner to wait for a washer to wash his whites. Once my clothes are finished washing I immediately moved them to dry. The dryer was full of finished clothes, I walked ever so awkwardly to the corner where Elder Causey was pouting to grab a basket, and then, with him watching, I moved the finished clothes into another basket and started to dry my clothes. He could only stare, and the room just started laughing. I don't know why he was so angry. If he had only been there on time to pick up his clothes (and not 40 minutes late) he wouldn't have to worry about it. Anyway, I guess you just got to have a good attitude. There's a huge difference in people here. There are a lot of us, like a huge majority, that love it here and are having a great time... Then there are those are aren't so happy, and I think they hate it when they see us doing so well when they feel miserable. It goes to show that how you look at the situation really changes everything. I've never been late to switch my laundry, but I seriously doubt I would even care if I found my clothes in a basket. Everyone's got limited time on P day, and everyone has to do laundry.

Friday, I seriously have no recollection of. But I'm sure it was a great day.

Saturday we did TRC and I taught two people from Mexico City. I taught Jocelyn, who was recently converted almost 2 years ago and is now 16, and Itzel, a woman whose boyfriend is a member and she is investigating. We Jocelyn wanted to learn how to prepare for a mission, and just came to TRC mostly to help the Elders with spanish, which was super nice. There's just one issue. Jocelyn has braces, and for that she tends to have a lisp sometimes when she talks. She was incredibly hard to understand and what little of it I caught I had to translate to Elder Andersen. But I could never remember it all because she would go on forever talking and it was crazy. Itzel was very nice and she has been to church a few times and read the LDM so it wasn't really difficult to teach her, I think she is joining the church anyway. But her Spanish seemed really proper, she talked very clearly, still fast but it was easier to understand. At night we watched the cultural celebration for Mexico which was rad. So much more Culture here than in the states. It was a really fun night.

Sunday was the rededication of the Mexico City temple, we got to particpate (via satellite.) here at the CCM. It was a pretty cool experience, I've done it before, but it was cool that all the himnos and talks were in Spanish. (cept Eyring and Holland who were translated into Spanish.) Then we watched a couple movies. John Tanner story and some other movies. I've seem them before and there very good, Movie Night is always fun.

Monday I also have no recollection of, but maybe it was just a mediocre day.

Tuesday was like most days, but we watched Legacy, which was cool I guess. Just another day of studying studying studying, which I actually rather enjoy. THEN IT WAS THE NIGHT BEFORE INDEPENDENCE DAY. So all throughout the night there were guns and fireworks and it was insanely loud and overall it was a really fun night.

Wednesday was yesterday... Still don't remember much. Besides the fact that we had a huge rainstorm. That in itself isn't rare at all here in Mexico City. It rains every night and there's always lightning. But Yesterday there lightning was on the MTC. Lightning would strike and we would hear it instantly and it was deafening. It was a really fun night. I guess the Elders who arrived yesterday might've had someone who shouldn't be here. Chiste.

Today! We went to the temple! And so I had to obtain a recommend because I left it at home, so I had to interview with President Tenorio. He asked me to pray, and to pray in English (no idea why) so I did, and I guess I said in the name of Jesus Christ Amen really fast because he didn't look up when I finished, and I kind of just waited. Just as I was about to say it again though, he peeked up and saw that I had finished. SUUUUPER AWKWARD. And In the middle of writing this, Elder Pisciotta passed our computer lab, so I ran out and took a picture with him that you'll have to send to Zack and Camden's mom, because moms are crazy about pics of their missionaries. (This part is for mom not any of you guys, sorry.) Anyway, have a super week, because I have had a super week. I love all you.

-Elder Anderson






No comments:

Post a Comment