Monday, October 5, 2015

Week 7??? Possibly.15 hours to save the Earth

Somebody tell me what week it is. I have no idea. ANYWAY. I had 32 emails to read and to respond to, so here goes my attempt to give a global email... in 15 minutes. I see that Hermana Anderson has copied my daily format. So I will do the Hipster thing and do something different. I will say that my time up until the 29th of September was rad, and this is what came next.

The best week yet. We flew from Mexico City to El Salvador and ES to Honduras. In Teguc I was the first one to get through customs and everything and therefore the first to meet the AP`s and President and Hermana Bowler. They are super nice and super great. They showed us a little bit of the city and took us to a Stake Center. There we were given some instruction, and half of us went on splits with the missionaries already there and the other half had orientations for an hour.

I went out with the first group and talked with people. Most people in Honduras are super nice. They`ll listen to you and accept everything you say and take time to talk with you about the church and help you with your Spanish. There`s also people who "know" what faith is. They point in the air a lot and go something like "Siii! Sii! La fe La fe!" I don`t get it. Then there`s people who spit on us and tell us that there church is true. Those people are tight because that is how you learn to understand Spanish when someone isn`t happy. Hahahaha!

I came in and had my boring Orientation, pizza, and then we went back to the Assistant`s house to rest. Then to Dinner with President and Hermana Bowler then bed.

AND then I met Elder De Jesus, my companion. Heis from the Dominican, and is a super cool guy. I just never have any idea what he is saying. His accent is so strong, no one can understand him. No one. But he is a super cool guy, and we get along great. After some meetings on Wednesday, we left for our zone.

In the afternoon of Wednesday, we arrived in Choluteca. It`s in the South of Honduras, it`s pretty cool. There we stayed with Elder McKee and his companion. After that night we left for our area.

OROCUINA. It`s this tiny place in the middle of nowhere. It is super pretty but also super poor. But it is amazing. We live in this tiny room in this plaza. Right next door we have a Pulperia and on the other side, our dueƱa. Our shower is a bucket, and we have no running water, so to flush, you just pour water down the drain. All in all it`s pretty neat and I don`t mind too much because Orocuina is gorgeous and the people are the nicest people you willever meet in the world.

Besides the people in Pacilagua. Which is village that is about a 20 or 30 minute walk from Orocuina. It is where most of our members live. Mind you there are only like 26 people that attend our branch, and my companion is the 1st counselor and I`m the secretario. For conference we contracted a bus to take our branch to Choluteca. But on Friday he told us he couldn`t. so we walked way out to this place called the Savannah Del Toro.

We left all of our stuff with a member because Savannah DT is supposedly super ghetto. And walked out to contract a bus. We found a guy,and he hooked us up with hisbrand new school bus. Super G`wowww!! All week we had been inviting people to come to conference.

We had a whopping 52 people show up on our bus. Yeah. Crazy right??

Anyway, the fifteen minutes is up, but I got pretty far... I don`t have my camera sorry. I will send pics next week. I love you all. OH I FOUND 2 WHITE HAIRS WHAT. ON MY CHEST AND MY SIDEBURN. BASICALLY I AM DYING.

Cheque

Elder Anderson


No comments:

Post a Comment