Monday, October 26, 2015

Week 10

On the way to Orocuina, eventually you´ll hit El Barranco, and an hour walk later you´ll pass La Plazuela. 10 more minutes and you´ll make it to Orocuina, and La Estacion, which is in the first part of Orocuina. The Station is an intersection and gets its name because it´s the bus stop. We live here.

 If you turn right, you´ll hit the River in 2 minutes, pic included. Across the river, you can go left to Barreal Limon, or right to Nueva Esparanza, NE only has 15 or so huts, and if you continue through NE for 30 minutes on foot, on you left will be a turnoff into another small town Tamarindo, which heads off into the mountains. If you continue straight instead, in another 30 minutes you´ll make your way to Apacilagua, where most of members and investigators live. We pay a truck to come by and pick people up and take them to Church everySunday because it´s pretty far. If you continue through Apacilagua, you can walk 40 minutes to a town called Savannah del Toro, which is pretty dangerous and way out there, we rarely visit.

If you continue left in Orocuina from the Station, you´ll head more into the neighborhoods and town of Orocuina where there are only houses. Our church building is two blocks to the left and a block to the right. It´s a house, but it´s a pretty nice house.

If you continue straight, you´ll head into the markets and more of the businesses of Orocuina, if you continue this direction through Orocuina, and leave Oro, you´ll walk past houses, don´t know what this area is called. But an hour walk through is Gicaro, where our branch president lives.

My first Sacrament meeting in Orocuina, we had an attendance of 28, our second week, an attendance of 37, and this last week, we only had 24, which was kind of a shock because I was really expecting more. So at first, I was super bummed. But what ended up happening is that the truck fell through, and so there was a lot of problems. I was really expecting at least 40.

Our Branch President is Presidente Chavarria. He´s a 50 year old guy that weighs about 30 pounds, he´s super goofy and probably my favorite person on the planet. Elder De Jesus is the counselor and I am the Secretary. The first hour of Church after Sacrament, I teach the teenagers and De Jesus teaches the adults while a sister in the branch teaches the kids. The second hour I teach the kids, De Jesus teaches the Teens, and Pres. teaches the adults. The kids are angels. The teenagers are the bane of my existence.

Our small branch mostly consists of teenage girls. We have 1 young man, and about 15 young men. There are 5 M. Priesthood Holders.

Monday is P-day and is Christmas. Yes Christmas. We go to Cholu and return around 5 to do normal daily stuff like teach, contact, etc.

Tuesday we usually go to the Apacilagua area and teach. Around 3 o clock to 3 30 everyday I teach English, and more non members come than members which is great, also I may not be the best Gospel teacher but I am actually pretty decent at teaching English.

Wednesday we head to La Plazuela and El Barranco to teach the few members that live there and to contact.

Thursdays are Apacilagua again and we teach Seminary.

Friday we head to Plazuela and teach Seminary and then head out to Barreal Limon. Which is FOREVER AWAY ON THE WORST ROAD EVER. And the people of Barreal Limon don´t really care to listen. A lot of less actives live there.

Saturday back to Apacilagua, yeah there is a pattern. Probably cause Apacilagua is amazing and everyone there is great. And alsoSaturday is for meeting with members to get them to go to church on Saturday. OH also Baptisms. I just had Baptism Number 4. Meysel Gissel Castillo Espino. She´s a sweetheart. I also confirmed on Sunday, but boy I do not know enough Spanish to give a blessing! But it went well.

Sunday is church, and is usually good, but this last Sunday, no one really took it seriously and it was more of a social gathering for the branch than actually church, which kind of peeved me, because my lesson I prepared was pretty rad. The kids were angels. Teens blegh.

Honduras is pretty, but I am getting used to the scenery so I took some pics while walking to send you guys before I stop taking pics.

Anyway. If anyone wants to hook a brother/Elder up with some thicker socks, that´d be tight I´ve got monster blisters that are pretty gross. My feet look like they´ve been wading in the river Styx. I hope that made sense. Or Moleskin or whatever. Anyway, if you want a pic of them, no prob. I won´t include the pics here cause they are actually pretty gross.



No comments:

Post a Comment