Tuesday, February 23, 2016

week 28 Starry Smile

Sorry, the power went out yesterday so I didn't have the opportunity to send the weekly email.

This week Elder Olivares and I went to Tegucigalpa for my doctor´s appointment. Afterward we stayed in the office and went to go work with the elders there. The office looks super boring. Would rather not get called there but their area is cool. They have the Stadium and In n Out which is cool. It isn´t actually In n Out but it has the name.

HEALTH REPORT.

-Parasites under control? Unconfirmed.

-Bacteria's still present.

-Weight Loss -39 lbs.

I have a list of medicines that I now take for the next 10 days, and then afterward I will do another test to see if I still have bugs... So more on that another day.

This week we had Branch Conference. President Bowler, Sabino, and Colado came, (President of the Mission, his counselor, and of the district.) and presided/taught the classes. Because the branch heard that such important people were coming, the attendance flew from the forties and fifties to seventy-four. That was cool. A couple investigators came in, too, which is always nice.

The major ones are:

Joel, Mariana and Lizi - Joel and Mariana are a couple and Lizi is their 9 year old daughter that we are currently teaching. Their baptismal date is in March and we are just working on getting them married. The only challenge is that we have to take out their papers to get married, but Joel is from Amapala, an island just off the Honduran Pacific Coast, so he has to travel out there to take out his papers, and well it´s expensive and nobody here has money.

Luz - Luz is a mother of 7 and her baptismal date is also in March, she is already married, which in itself is a miracle. Nobody in Honduras is married and our DL almost didn´t believe us when we told him. The coolest thing about Luz is her grill. Her two front teeth are gilt with stars. Sometimes I can´t help but stare, but it isn´t my fault.

This weekend all the missionaries from Monjaras and Buena Vista came to my area for Mission Prep. They brought youth from all over to teach them how to contact and teach. It was cool to have all my friends come over and help out in the area. I went on divisions with Elder Akubeze who is from London.

This week I hit 6 months, to celebrate/commemorate? I burned a tie, and chugged a quart of eggnog to celebrate my loss of 39 pounds.

Overall a solid week, didn't get to eat iguana, but that´s OK.

WELL. The batteries on the camera just died. So you´ll have to wait a week.


No comments:

Post a Comment