Monday, March 20, 2017

week 84: He That Can Have Patience Can Have What He Will

This week was aight. My companion, Elder Soriano, goes home this week on Wednesday, and so he`s just been getting ready to go home since yesterday. Our baptismal dates for Saturday fell through on Thursday. Which was my companion`s last opportunity to baptize in the mission. As soon as we left their house, telling us they didn`t want to be baptized, I literally saw my companions spirit leave his body, he stopped caring about everything. Today for Pday he didn`t even bring mission clothes.

I`ve actually made some pretty bad jokes this week, that I probably shouldn`t share, but they`re too good to keep to myself. So on Saturday we were with some members, sharing a lesson and eating dinner and on the TV in the next room was Spiderman 2 (Toby Macguire). The entire time we ate dinner and shared with them, my companion was fixated on Spiderman 2. I noticed and obviously the family noticed, but we didn`t say anything to him. At the end of the visit (more of less 30-35 minutes.) The family asks my companion how much time he has left, with a big smile he says, ¨I have 5 days left, until I can relax, and watch TV...¨ and I cut him off saying ¨how is that different from what you do here?¨ AND I LOST IT, AND THE FAMILY LOST IT.

Then on Sunday morning we were on our way to church when the sole of my companions shoe gave up the ghost and started flopping open with every step. I look at my companions shoes and then at him and I say, ¨Wow Elder Soriano, even your shoes open the mouth more than you do.¨ AÑSDFJAÑSDLFMASDÑLMASDÑ L O L.

But besides being dead, he`s all right. A little too touchy, but we`re buds. He was able to teach me the area in 3 weeks, and we have some prog. inv. So all is well when the work goes well.

Went to the mountains outside Teguz for Pday.







No comments:

Post a Comment