Monday, November 2, 2015

week 11

Lying is a sin, I know, I am a missionary. So I will be honest. I really really really really don´t want to write today, but I will make something work.

This week we baptized Dexa, and I was really surprised too because Elder De Jesus cannot pronounce her name. I am kidding, except he really cannot pronounce her name. I am not kidding when I say he has a really thick accent. Nigh impossible to understand. He says Detsa, and she gets really mad. She´s eleven. And always corrects him. In fact, he can´t prounce t´s or s´s or r´s or rr´s very well either. In fact. I don´t know how anyone can understand him. I don´t know how I do. But all is well cause I love him, he is my homie. Dexa is #5 for those of you trying to keep count at home.

Today for Pday, we went to the beach. Yes, I know. I am living the life. Well to be honest it isn´t that nice of a beach, but it´s not like we can swim or anything anyway, it was cool to go still. At a giant fish. Like huge, soooo good. You feel like the biggest tool when you´re a white guy sitting in a hammock, drinking coca cola out of a coconut. I know. Fight me.

I really really enjoy the mission, but more than that, I think we are doing really well here in Orocuina. We´ve been super super busy and I crash hard every night onto the bed.

Basically every meal is the same. Breakfast I have a cup of oatmeal and banana.
Lunch varies, but usually it´s rice, beans, some vegetables and some kind of meat, usually chicken.
And dinner, I eat an avocado. Boy do I love avocados. I don´t even put salt or anything on it. Just a plain avocado. I don´t know why I didn´t eat them before the mission. They´re pretty cheap here, and I think I have fallen in love.

Anyway, I don´t have energy to write anymore. I love you all, you are so cool, if I am ignoring your emails, I am sorry, I don´t mean to. I open up my inbox every Pday with quite a few, and it´s hard to reply to everyone. Just say to me, hey, Elder, respond to me, you haven´t recently, and I´ll send you something nice. Probably an email.

Anyway. The pics are really huge files so I can only send one at a time. Hold your peace.

Stay Gold. I don´t have time to wait for more to download. So I am going to probably change the quality of the photos down a tune so I can send more. ALSO I have no idea what the hand symbol means. Elder De Jesus just wanted us to do it. I am in no way affiliated with any gang. Thank you for considering my disclosure.





No comments:

Post a Comment