Tuesday, March 22, 2016

week 32 Semana Santa

First off, sorry I didn´t write yesterday. I was in the cyber waiting writing waiting, but first it was full, then right when I was about to write, the power went out. And in the course of writing this email, the power has gone out 4 times. SO I WILL BE BRIEF. SORRY. I promise I will write more next week, and I will try to go to Cholu to a better - 5 times - cyber. It´s really frustrating.
Anyway, this week, a lot of our investigators with baptismal dates decided that they didn´t want to have baptismal dates... nor be investigators, so that´s cool. But I am going to baptize Lizzi this week, and I am almost 60% sure that it is actually going to happen, so that is the light of my week. ALSO yesterday I received the letters with the pictures of the family and peeps, pretty much made me the happiest person in the world, shared the pictures with everyone. Maybe it made me baggy/trunky, but that´s not the worst thing in the world.
This last Sunday was the beginning of Semana Santa, Holy Week... And first off, that name is a lie. It´s spring break, and it is NOT holy. Our attendance in church plummeted to a whopping 25, and everybody is gone to the beach. There is no one to teach or talk to, as they are all enjoying the beach, or taking advantage of the opportunity to sell in the beach. As the beach lies in my area, I have thought about maybe asking for permission to contact it to maybe get references or do something, but at the same time, I am not so sure the beach on spring break is the best place for a missionary to be!
As of this last week, I am the Guapinol Jump Rope champion, who holds the most time... jumping rope. Grammar. But anyway, I am a pro, and all the kids in the village ask us to jump rope with them. When I walk down the main road they all come running to come see me and it´s super funny. And through that, now all the adults love me and everyone lets us into their homes to teach, (and each shrimp.) I really like Guapinol - 6 times -, next week is changes, but I don´t think I will leave, nor do I want to.
7 times
Well, I give up. I love - 8 times - you all and I will just have to go to a better town another week. Sorry for lack of pics, don´t hate me.
WITH LOTS OF LOVE AND A HUGE HUG FOR EVERYONE,
Elder Jacob Joseph Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment