Monday, March 28, 2016

week 33 aqui

Title - I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor

Changes Changes Changes

For everyone but my companion and me. I´ll be staying another 6 weeks in Guapinol with Elder Olivares.

I didn´t end up going to the beach, but that´s probably a good thing. No one was in town so it was a pretty slow week of work.

This week I got to baptize Lizzi, the daughter of Joel and Mariana, I still need them to get married, but they seemed rather excited after her baptism. I also got the majority of her family to accompany us to Monjarás for the baptism. 7 Investigators showed up. Which is waaay good considering that our attendance in Sacrament last week was a whopping 31 for the Semana Santa.

After the wedding my companion and I helped the sister missionaries prepare for a wedding the next day. I also decided to never help with weddings again, nor will I ever be involved in the planning of any wedding. (Joel and Mariana exception.)

After we decorated the cultural hall, we left the chapel around 9. We arrived at a quick dinner appointment when the branch president asked Elder Olivares for the keys to the church. He searched his pockets and realized that he had lost them. So four of us Elders and the hermanas searched the streets for Monjaras until 10:40 when we gave up. We found them luckily in the morning, which was good, because Elder Olivares was on the verge of tears the holy night, thinking that he would have to pay for the replacement of the lock system in the church. (He lost the master key to a magnetic lock system or however you say it.) Basically the key that opens EVERY door in the church. It was actually a pretty funny night, but incredibly stressful.

I think this next change will be filled with success.

Elder Anderson




No comments:

Post a Comment