Monday, March 7, 2016

week 30 Stay Puft Marshmallow Man

This week I got cussed out, met Elder Alonso, destroyed my hand, and baptized in the Pacific Ocean.
This week we (as usual) visited Luz, the lady with the star grill on her teeth. We showed up, made smoothies together, began our lesson, everything chill and normal when a guy started yelling. I just kind of ignored it and kept going. Then Elder Olivares tapped my shoulder and I looked at the man, realizing that it was at me that he was yelling. I look back at Olivares and he was red angry, he looked at me and said, ´´let´s not fight.´´ and I replied ´´I wasn´t thinking about it.´´ and so we stood up, and as soon as I did, the man started walking back when he realized how big I was. (I am a GIANT in Honduras.) We said we would leave and quietly pickup our stuff, but our backpacks were in the kitchen, FURTHER into the house. So I had to walk towards the man and he starts whacking out thinking we were going to fight, and then let loose a torment of curse words about my mom when he saw I was just grabbing my backpack... I asked Luz who the guy was and she said it was her husband. Then Olivares asked what was wrong and she said that is just the way he is...
So I guess we won´t be baptizing Luz anytime soon.
This week we also had a conference with Elder Alonso. It went well. We got shaved, but also pretty animated.
So Saturday we went to the nicest beach in Guapinol to baptize. I climbed up some rocks to change into my baptismal clothing that is WAY too big, but what I didn´t realize is that there are pieces of glass and clams embedded in the rocks and I completely tore up my left hand. (please send more 1 or 2 more long sleeze shirts that are smaller and a pair of white pants smaller.)
Then I baptized Yimi (Jimmy) my homebody in the pic. And 6 or 7 of our investigators showed up and now are all pumped for baptism. HOW GREAT IS IT TO BE A MISSIONARY YAHOOOOOOOO.
Yesterday, I woke up and walked out my front door to find a puppy. He was cut up pretty bad, had missing fur, weird growths, but was pretty cute. I was pretty mad someone had left him on our front porch, so we took him in and fed him milk, then I took him out to the pila and took out all of the fleas and ants and stuff that were picking at his cuts, and then I took him to a member. He is my new best friend.

Love you guys.




No comments:

Post a Comment