Monday, June 13, 2016

Week 44 Elder Samayoa's First Baptism

So...

A lot of our baptisms have fallen lately, BUT.

We just had a baptism on Saturday. Remember that woman Elder Valladares and I found and she began crying when we found out her mom died? Yeah, we baptized her daughter. Everything worked out great, and I had Elder Samayoa do the ordinance. HIS FIRST BAPTISM. I am proud of my son. He`s the sickest companion. 

On Friday I did divisions with my district leader, Elder Garry. We spat fire. In the night, Elder Martinez (his companion), Elder Samayoa, Elder Garry and I all met up in the mercado to buy some food to make dinner (so Elder Samayoa could cook us dinner). We ran into a million girls from America, on service missions, there were all from Saint Louis, where Elder Garry is from, and it was kind of cool talking in English for a bit. When we got back, Elder Garry and I started playing cards while Elder Martinez wrote in his diary and Elder Samayoa cooked. About 20 minutes after we got back, the ground started shaking. I thought it was something going on in the apartment downstairs, Elder Garry thought I was shaking the the couch with my leg, Elder Samayoa just shrugged it off, and Elder Martinez goes sprinting out the door in his garments (underwear.) When we didn`t follow he came running back, ¨VAMONOS VAMONOS.¨ We calmed him down, and told him it was nothing. Then our Zone Leaders called us right afterward asking is we were OK. TURNS OUT. It really was an Earthquake. But it was super weak.

This Sunday, a young man received the priesthood. He came up to me afterward, shook my hand and we talked, and he said he wanted to serve a mission. Just as I was leaving the church with Elder Samayoa and Hermano Luis Luque, that same young man got hit by a car, crossing the road. Immediately we got him in a car with his dad for the hospital. He was messed up pretty bad, just keep him in your prayers.

Love you all, be safe, have a great week.






No comments:

Post a Comment