Monday, November 21, 2016

week 67 Don't Talk Like a Mexican

There is this horrible curse in the mission, where you pick up the slang that your companion uses. Unfortunately for the first time ever my companion is a Mexican, and now I cannot stop saying things like, "No Manches," and "Orale" and finishing every sentence with calling my companion, "loco."

But the good news is that this week Alejandro is getting baptized. He already passed the pre interviews and everything. The Zone Leaders are going to come to the chapel with me this Thursday to interview him and then everything will be set.

Tomorrow are house inspections so today I cleaned the house.

This week  I had a cool moment. I was on divisions with the Zone Leaders because I had to do a baptismal interview for them. Afterwards, Elder Pineda (Guatemala) and I decided to contact the next door neighbors. We entered and spoke with them for a moment, inviting them to the baptism, when the topic of the woman`s hometown came up out of nowhere. She said that she was from OROCUINA. As in MY FIRST AREA IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE OVER A YEAR AGO. And so we start talking and she tells me she is from this part of Orocuina that is super puny and I asked her if she knew the familia Batres Amador that lives in that tiny spot. Not only did she say yes, but HER HUSBAND IS FROM THE FAMILY BATRES AMADOR. SHE IS THE AUNT OF MY TWO CONVERTS WILMA AND MILTON. SHE THEN SAID OH WAIT YOU`RE THAT ELDER ANDERSON? THEY ALWAYS TALK ABOUT YOU.

Best day of my entire mission.

Church is true. Love you all. Will send photos next week.







No comments:

Post a Comment