Monday, November 9, 2015

week 12 Operación Garrobo Caliente

What´s up Wood-Chuck-Chuckers!

Everything here in Orocuina is super good. So your first area in the mission is where you are ´´born´´ or it´s your ´´birthplace´´ and Orocuina is mine. So I guess you could call it my Orocuna. Some of you will get it, others it´ll take time.

So last week was a meeting for the Mission President and the Zone leaders and there were more or less 2 points that I remember being spoken of during Taller de Zona.

1. Abrir la Boca mas. Basically, we should talk with people more in the streets. 25 times a day is the new goal.

2. Operación Garrobo Caliente. Basically obedience to the schedule and the Zone Leaders making surprise visits to areas to check if they are awake on time and if there house is clean and everything.

So we haven´t been having problems with the new goal. We now talk with a town more people, and I guess that means we should find more investigators yeah? Already we have a ton of appts. and hopefully not all of them fall through.

Yesterday, (Sunday) after Church, we took our Branch President, President Chavarria, to go contacting with us. Honestly, it was the best thing I have ever gotten to see. He is a really small 50 year old Honduran guy, and is super goofy. He has no fear. He went up and talked to just about everyone we saw. Everyone. I was talking with a girl (15 or 16) at her door and explaining a pamphlet to her, I asked if her family was home and if we could share a message with them. She said yes, and invited us in to behidn the house, were there were 10 olderish people cutting up bananas to make chips to sell. President Chavarria went on a 10 minute no breather rant about the Book of Mormon. It was the best thing I have ever seen in my life, when he finished, Elder De Jesus just offered them pamphlets and they accepted a bunch and we left. I LOVE P. Chavarria.

Also, funny story, we were contacting in Barreal Límon, and Elder De Jesus was giving a folleto to this girl, probably 20, and she did not stop staring into my eyes the whole time. Elder De Jesus kept talking to her, and she´d just nod or say sí and just stared in my eyes. I have never felt so uncomfortable, it was a piercing gaze and I don´t know what caused it, we have an appointment, but I´m afraid of the eyes.

Operación Garrobo Caliente hasn´t come to Orocuina yet, but we´re ready. Our house is clean, and we´re always up on time. I just feel bad for the Zone Leaders if they come all the way to Orocuina when it´s super far from their area and they´ll have to get up realllll early.

OH WHALE.

Elder Anderson.

No comments:

Post a Comment