Monday, November 23, 2015

week 14 AGGGhhhHHh

Bad news first, good news second.

This week in Orocuina, 3 girls in our ward decided to leave the church to attend a different one. When we asked why, it was because the other church had more people. Also we aren´t really visiting one of our families very much anymore because they never keep commitments or attend church. They are always reading the scriptures and have questions for us and everything. But learning doesn´t do you any good when you don´t apply. So De Jesus and I decided it was best to use our time more productively.

This week for our district meeting we went to Choluteca like usual, everything was skippy, and we all went to KFC to eat afterward. Missionaries are the kings of combos, and getting the most food from the smallest amount of money, and honestly, I thought I was going to die from KFC-OD. Our Branch President met us outside and we left together to go to Paper and More to buy supplies to decorate the church. We bought the stuff and left the store in the pouring rain. We kept all of the papers and stuff underneath our clothes to try to keep them dry. It didn´t work too well, and I think it just made us look like we were running away with stolen items underneath our clothes. Welp.

On Saturday we had our activity to decorate the church. The Branch President asked me if I knew how to decorate. I replied and said everyone knows how to decorate. He replied saying that no one else in the church did. I felt super bad, but once I got everyone going, they all knew how to decorate more or less. It´s more about creativity than an actual skill, and everyone is creative... more or less.

The church is super pretty now so that´s all good. The problem was that no one came to Church Sunday. We had a very low attendance. And so no one got to see my tree that the members and I made.

Here´s to hoping for a better week.

BAD NEWS. I left fat.
GOOD NEWS. I´ve lost 25 pounds



No comments:

Post a Comment