Monday, November 16, 2015

week 13 3 Month Mark... Kinda?

Today I had a lot of emails to write and respond to so I´m just going to cover my investigators and my Pday.

My investigators that are progressing are Danilo and the Familia Sanchez. Danilo is in his late 30´s and lives with his mom and sister. He´s super eager to listen whenever we come over. But he never says anything, unless he´s just repeating exactly what we just said. Also he prays when we pray. Like if Elder DJ o yo is offering a prayer he will pray at the same time out loud. It´s a little weird. Happens with other people too.

The Fam Sanchez are the best. There´s the dad and the mom, and 3 boys. The mom just had a dream that our church is true and the dad is always excited to have our lessons and attend my english classes. Only one problem. They aren´t married and have to be to get baptized. Nobody is married, and the culture is like that. Nobody wants to get married to... WELL. None of the guys want to. Even after 20 years together. I don´t know why, and neither do they.

TODAY WAS A GOLDEN DAY. We went hiking up in the mountians outside of Choluteca. We hiked a mountain called La Peña. It was a pretty long hike, but the top was flat and had a soccer field. We were going to play football but the wind was waaaay to bad. So my zone asked me to teach them to play touch rugby. And honestly, it made for the best Pday yet. It was way fun. On the way back on the bus I sat next to a man from Nicaragua, he had on his lap a blue book, that looked a little bit like a LDM... or BoM. and so I asked him what he was reading, he happily flipped it over to reveal a New Testament. We talked for a bit and he explained that he didn´t go to any church, he just liked to read the scriptures. So we talked a bit, and I explained the restoration and it just made sense to him. I let him keep the pamphlet and gave him pamphlets for La Evangelio de Jesucristo and The Plan of Salvation for him to read on his trip (he´s going to El Salvador.) It was just a cool little experience so that I can explain to you all what it is to Abrir la Boca, or Open the mouth. 1 down today, 24 more.

So I´ve decided to eat tomatoes with my Avocados. In Love. Also I have refound my love for oatmeal.

Love you all, but not enough to write more today.

Cheque


No comments:

Post a Comment