Monday, August 8, 2016

Week 52 Sweet Spirit, you`re so... nice.

So I`ve been changed again, now I am in my 4th/5th area and in the city of Tegucigalpa for the first time. I`m in the area called El Reparto, right below the Picacho in Tegucigalpa. I`m in the Tegucigalpa Zone, and I attend church in the stake center for the Tegus Stake. There are only two wards that go there, The Reparto at 8 AM and  the Palmira at 10 AM. Luckily, Elder Sanders, my homeboy from the MTC, (Refer to a million weeks ago to see pictures of Elder Sanders and I), share a chapel and see each other twice a week now.

This week was pretty crazy, because my area is the mountain side of the picacho, which means all day every day, we`re just climbing up cuestas and switchbacks. It`s not fun. But at least that means I don`t have to do exercise in the morning now, right? My house is actually pretty small, and junky, and messy and there are no plates, utensils, nothing. So that`s pretty bummer, but at least it has a nice little view of Tegus.

My ward is tiny. We had some 68 people come to church this week, which means there is A LOT of work to do (see American Legends). We have 2 investigators right now who have baptismal dates, and then we have a family we just challenged to get married last night. They are incredibly positive... except the wife. But they are dope. They are the most positive investigators that we have right now.

My companion is Elder Ordoñez. He is from Guatemala and is from the same group as Elder Samayoa, which means he just got done training. This is his third change in the area, so who knows for how long we`ll be together.

Just a quick recap.

1. Went to the MTC in Mexico City.
2. Started in a small town in the middle of nowhere called Orocuina.
3. Then went to open an even smaller town on the pacific coast called Guapinol.
4. Then opened Danli A... Then closed Danli A when they put sister missionaries in the ward.
5. Then opened Danli B... Then closed Danli B last week.
6. Went to the Reparto.

Companions.
1. Elder De Jesus, my dad.
2. Elder Avila, my guanaco.
3. Elder Jones, my only gringo.
4. Elder Olivares, Alexis Sanchez.
5. Elder Valladares, my companion who never smiled.
6. Elder Samayoa, my beloved son.
7. Baby Ordoñez, my current comp.

miss you all, love you all... but I ain`t going home anytime soon, so stinks to be you guys. Don`t miss me too bad ;-)

sorry for lack of pictures. I just forgot flat out. But here`s outside the porch and a big mama baleada.







No comments:

Post a Comment