Monday, August 1, 2016

week 51 District What?

Elder Samayoa and I had emergency changes on Sunday, more or less. More, they had to close our area for reasons and the normal changes are on Wednesday, so I have just been hanging out with the office Elders since yesterday. SO. Yesterday, today and tomorrow, I have hot water, a toaster, a blender, the mission president´s wife cooked us lunch, then the senior couples took us out to Chili´s today to eat. Elder Samayoa and I feel quite pampered right now.

The Office Elders have Pdays on Saturdays, so for our Pday, we hung out with the Senior Couple, The Oldroyd´s. We went to their apartment and played Ticket to Ride and laughed and chatted for a few hours. They asked me what kind of stuff I missed from the states and I noted Root Beer as one of those. They then proceeded to OFFER ME ROOTBEER FROM THEIR FRIDGE. That´s like finding the end of the rainbow here in Honduras.

This Wednesday I will go to my new area in the city (Tegucigalpa). My area is called El Reparto, and it´s right behind the Picacho... I think... That´s the giant Jesus statue in Teguc. I´m district leader to pretty much one of the strangest districts in the mission. MY DISTRICT IS AS FOLLOWS. Myself (Elder Anderson) and my companion, (Elder Ordoñez) who just finished his training. The mission nurses, (Hermana Escandon from my group and Hermana Ortiz). The Zone Leaders of Tegucigalpa, (Elder Cabanatan and Elder Javier) two gringos. AND The AP´s. I´m not sure how you be district leader to all the people that are in charge of teaching everyone else. BUT. I´m sure it´ll work out.

Anyway, I don´t have a cable for the recorder right now, but I did take advantage of my time in the office to take a bunch of selfies with my buds.





No comments:

Post a Comment