Monday, October 17, 2016

week 62



This week was super busy.

On Wednesday we went on divisions with the Zone Leaders, I went out to work with Elder Javier who goes home in like a week, and Elder Coyotl went out with Elder Akubeze. Elder Javier and I went out to eat dinner in the house of Hermano Trimiño.

I had heard that Hermano Trimiño had a nice house (was rich) a long time ago, but I had never gone to his house, and he doesn`t have a very nice car, but at least he has one... so... but anyway that night he picks Elder Javier and I up to go to his house. On the way we pass by the ambassador`s house for the US, Denmark, Japan, South Korea, and I thought ``oh shoot.`` as we pass by the nicest houses I`ve ever seen (in Honduras). So my expectations shot up pretty high, Elder Javier and I both look at each other and telepathically say to each other, ´´dope, bro.``...

until we turn off on a dirt road and went right back into reality. About 15 minutes later in the mountains, I was almost 100% sure that I was having rice and beans again for dinner. I had almost fallen asleep when Hno Trimiño tells me that we had almost arrived. A few minutes later at the end of a dirt road in the middle of the mountains surrounding Tegucigalpa we come up on a big yellow house with a fountain on the courtyard. He gives us a quick tour of the house showing the forum and collonade in his backyard, the jacuzi in his house, and his super old piano from 1905. Immediately I have hope again for a good dinner, as I play some songs on the piano. The hno goes into the kitchen and grabs his fifteen year old son and we start talking. and it`s at this moment that he says, ´´My son is making us dinner tonight.´´ Instantly went into That`s So Raven mode, seeing my future plate full of rice, beans and eggs, and accepted my fate.

To make a long story short cause I am sincerely tired of typing.

the best cook in Honduras is a 15 year old in Hatillo.

Thursday was district meeting and it was super chill, but afterwards I had to go do baptismal interviews for a lot of people, and ended up staying the night of the house of the Elders of the 21 de Octubre. So Friday morning I finally got back to my area, and went to work like normal.

Alejandro is doing super well, but his girlfriend, the bishops daughter, just told them she wants to go on a break, so he is super worried right now, and I`m just trying to teach him the Gospel.

Lisbet`s baptismal date`s been moved.

On Saturday I got up at 5 to go plant trees in the mountains and it was super fun.








No comments:

Post a Comment