Monday, October 31, 2016

Week 64 Trick O Treat

This Wednesday we went to the chapel on the temple grounds in Comayagüela with the other mission to listen to Elder Oaks. Being part of the choir was the biggest bonus, because I got to sit in the second row in a hall of 400 missionaries. We sang, listened to a bunch of speakers and to Elder Oaks, who probably gave the best talk I`ve heard in my whole mission. Honestly wish it was recorded, cause it was that good. One part in particular made me laugh super hard. He began his talk by telling us to forget about drama back at home, family problems and everything, and then said, ``Forget about the US Presidential Election...

... I wish I could.`` 

And the entire american part of the congregation broke up laughing super hard. It was a great talk, and really motivational.

Alejandro is back with his girlfriend, the bishop`s daughter, and I`m actually pretty sure he`s going to get baptized. We showed up to the chapel on Friday to meet up with him and he whips out the book of mormon, which was completely marked up to Mosiah and starts making questions. We challenged him to baptism and he said yes, and we tried to put a date AND he wants to get an answer to his prayer first, SO if anyone has any suggestions, lmk.

On Saturday we went to a Stake Talent Show which was fun. Not fun for the talents but fun to watch people mess around on stage. There was one guy who was actually a decent singer. 

Today we played a ton of volleyball. Like a ton. At first we played 3 teams of 6 switching off every 5 pts, then after 2 hrs almost everybody left and we played 4 on 4, and then THEY left and we stayed 2 on 2, Elder Rogers, my homeboy from Skyharbor Airport, and I against Elder Harris, who played volleyball in college with his comp from Cancun. I don`t know how we did it, but Elder Rogers and I won in the last game 15-13, but probably because of Elder Harris` companion, cause Elder Harris is waaaaaaaaaay too good.

I survived a couple days straight without spending any money, which was a miracle but today the quincena came. So I`m going to go buy food again, so I can live :-) 

Two temple pics, my companion and I while I was playing volleyball and he was chatting inside and then me sneaking into a pic from behind outjumping Hernandez and Fonseca.






No comments:

Post a Comment