Tuesday, May 31, 2016

week 42 Rocking Pants in the Mission

In the mission here, lots of missionaries get Dengue, Chikingunya, Zika, and all of those other sicknesses related to mosquitos. I think it is a good thing for sister missionaries to have the ability to wear pants. It`s better to be out in the field working, than suffering in bed with a rash all over your skin, and with all the pain that comes with those illnesses. For example in our mission we are allowed to drink water on fast Sunday. It`s better to drink water than die from heat. BUT, missionaries wearing sunglasses and hats, I`m not about that. They look too touristy from what I have seen on the mission, it just looks too unprofessional.

Training my kid has been going along great. He does not understand ANY of the rules, so I`m working on that, but he is super happy and exciting to work. He`s getting better every day in his teaching skills, also he is learning English super fast. I`m proud of my son.

Right now I have 13 investigators with a baptismal date. That`s the most I have ever had at one time. It is so hard to keep track of them and make sure they all learn and feel what they need. But the Informe de Progreso, even though it is super annoying to write in, is super helpful. I testify of the importance of the Informe de Progreso and the Carpeta de Area, even though I don`t remember how to say them in English.

Today we had a sweet Pday. We hiked up to some waterfalls, took pictures (not me of course, since I still don`t have one.) hiked a jungle mountain, and then saw MONKEYS. MONKEYS. They are the coolest things in the world. I don`t know how I lived in Honduras for almost 10 months without ever knowing that there were MONKEYS. Super cute. Just in the time of the mission when I don`t have a camera, they put me in one of the prettiest parts of the mission. How CRAZY.

Last Friday I had to go to Teguc again, but this time I went with the gringo crew, because we went to Migration. I stood in a line for pretty much half a change, but in the end, they decided to let me stay in the country. So that is good news. The BETTER news, is that I went to Denny`s afterward, and tasted the cinnamon pancakes there. They are super good. I bump those. (Unsure if bump makes sense.) 10/10 would recommend. Also I ate waffles, and I love waffles.

I got into a million bible bashes this week, which I never really did before, but I feel super cool being able to cite scriure and make people eat their own words. 10/10 would recommend to everybody that they read the bible... and the BoM...

So Elder Garry hooked it up today, here are some pics reppin a good ole Ohio State hoodie I found, just in case if you´d forgotten my face. Also the tall skinny blond guy is Elder Garry, and the chapin in the polo and jeans is my son.









No comments:

Post a Comment